Meet The Staff: Hygienists
Our hygienists are licensed and highly trained to give you the best possible experience at The Smile Center. They are trained to give dental cleanings, x-rays, laser de-sensitizing, as well as periodontal cleanings. They are also very helpful to give you the information you need so that you are taking proper care of your teeth at home.
- How long have you worked at The Smile Center? I have worked as a dental hygienist at The Smile Center since 1981, before we even moved to the new building.
- What was your first job? My first job was working on our family farm until I got my first hygiene job in 1972.
- What is your favorite thing to do on the weekends? On the weekends I like to cook and to make time to see friends.
- What is the farthest you have been away from home? The farthest away from home that I have been is to Miami, Florida.
- What do you notice first about people? The thing that I notice first about people is their smiles.
- Do you have a favorite dessert? No, I don’t have a favorite dessert, I like any kind of dessert.
- Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? Yes, I do untie my shoes before I take them off.
- Would you prefer a mountain hideaway or a beach house? I prefer a Mountain Hideaway.
- Do you prefer Summer or Winter? I like Summer until it gets to be warmer than 75 degrees, and I like Winter when there are frosty trees and sunshine.
- What is your hidden talent? My husband tells me they are still hidden.
- How long have you worked at The Smile Center? I have worked as a dental hygienist at The Smile Center for 29 years.
- What was your first job? My first job was as a babysitter for various military associates and for our family.
- What is your favorite thing to do on the weekends? During the weekend, I enjoy cooking as well as entertaining my son’s friends, family, and neighbors.
- What is the farthest you have been away from home? I lived in Tachikawa-Fuchu, Japan for 3 years and Wiedboden, Germany for 3 years. Whichever destination is further away is the farthest I have been away from home.
- What do you notice first about people? I first notice a persons eyes, to make eye contact, then I notice their teeth.
- Do you have a favorite dessert? I enjoy anything with peanut butter and chocolate for dessert.
- Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? No, I don’t untie my shoes when I take them off, I like to save something for tomorrow.
- Would you prefer a mountain hideaway or a beach house? I prefer a Beach House most definitely, I love the water.
- Do you prefer Summer or Winter? Summer!
- What is your hidden talent? My hidden talent is that I am artistic, I love painting and decorating. I am also a seamstress, I used to sew my own clothes. My grandmother was a furrier and she taught me many things.